Which spelling is correct: savor or savour?
The answer is that both are correct.
Savor is the USA spelling, while savour is used in Britain and Australia.
The Macquarie dictionary lists the meaning as:
- the quality in a substance which affects the sense of taste or of smell.
- a particular taste or smell.
- distinctive quality or property.
- power to excite or interest.
- to give a savour to; season; flavour.
- to perceive by taste or smell, especially with relish.
- to give oneself to the enjoyment of.
Did this help you?