– Want to write a screenplay?
– Want to get up-close-and-personal with a Hollywood heavyweight teaching you the craft of screenwriting and showing you what it takes to construct a jaw-dropping blockbuster and / or cult film?
The Gold Coast Film Festival (GCFF April 18-28 2013) is excited to announce the return of Hollywood screenwriting legend, Todd Farmer, all the way from LA to the Gold Coast to execute an intimate, two-day writing master class as part of the GCFF lineup in 2013. Teaching the ‘tricks of the trade’ that go towards writing a successful Hollywood script, there will also be an allocated session where Farmer will hear all aspiring writers’, individual pitches and provide feedback to participants. The seminar will be held at the Sofitel at Broadbeach, Gold Coast on April 22 – 23 2013 and this exclusive Hollywood offer will be limited to 40 participants only at a cost of $395 (plus GST.)*
Screenwriting is a craft. To become a good screenwriter, one must not only write but study their craft. This once in a lifetime master-apprentice two-day seminar by one of Hollywood’s most talented screenwriters, Todd Farmer, will allow 40 individuals to learn the secrets to his Hollywood success and how to emulate Farmer’s success on the local and international film frontier.
Find out more about this master class at http://www.gcfilmfestival.com/page/90/Screenwriting_Master_Class
Over two full days on April 22 – April 23 (9.30am – 5.00pm) Todd Farmer will discuss in detail:
· The difference between US and Australian markets;
· The basics of screenplay writing;
· The first 10 minutes;
· First Act; Second Act; Third Act;
· What doesn’t work;
· Breaking down a scene;
· Creating a hero and a villain;
· Incorporating themes;
· Developing your characters;
· How to write dialog;
· Writing for 3D;
· Gatekeepers to success;
· Writing transmedia elements;
· Advice on how to break in to Hollywood; and
At the end of the two-day workshop there will be an allocated session where Farmer will hear individual script pitches and provide feedback to participants.
• For more information and to book your spot, visit www.GoldCoastFilmFestival.iwannaticket.com.au
• For accommodation deals see www.qpow.com.au
• For Sofitel accommodation deal for participants see www.sofitelgoldcoast.com.au/le-news-and-events.html
*Please note the cost of $395 (plus GST) does not include accommodation or meals.
The full GCFF program of films and events will be available from early 2013 at www.gcfilmfestival.com